Hello everyone! Sorry we have been MIA lately, but after having our baby in September (her name is Tegan), we also had a crazy idea to move houses, so we have been super busy with everything!
We are so excited that we just picked up our camper from the service center after it needed to get some warranty work done. We are itching to go on our first trip with our little girl.
In the meantime, we have been reading her lots of books about nature, animals, and camping. Here are a few of our favorites (links go directly to purchase it on Amazon).
- In My Forest by Sara Gillingham (has a fun little finger pupper inside the book)
- All Aboard! National Parks: A Wildlife Primer by Hailey & Kevin Meyers
- Sheep in a Jeep by Nacy E. Shaw (of course Tegan would already have a Jeeping book)
- Who Pooped in the Park? Rocky Mountain National Park by Gary D. Robson (very informative for the parents so far too!)
- The Cutest Critter by Marion Dane Bauer
- C is for Colorado by Boys & Girls Clibs of Metro Denver
- Do Princesses and Super Heroes Hit the Trails? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle (love this series of books-they even having hiking & camping books)
- Sounds of the Wild: Forest by Maurice Pledger (fun pop-out book with lots of nature sounds)
- One Dog Canoe by Mary Casanova
- A Rocky Mountain Tale by Jennifer Gance (local author with a fun educational story)
- Our Great Big Backyard by Laura Bush & Jenna Bush Hager (great look at all the National Parks)
Tegan’s nursery in our previous house was also decked out in an woodland/mountain theme. We are still planning out the mural for her new wall.
We love to take Tegan hiking in Roxborough State Park, which is right next to our new neighborhood. We are in the process of planning our first camping adventure with her, so stay tuned to find out where we are headed!