I know most of you know how to make Rice Krispie treats, but this has been our favorite (& easiest) recipe we have found. We like to make a batch to take with us on our camping trip for easy snacking.
- 1 bag – Dandies Marshmallows (I picked the minis, but the larger ones also work)
- 2 TB – Coconut Oil
- 1 TB – Earth Balance Butter
- 5 cups – Crispy Rice (or any other type of Rice Krispie like cereal – this one is made with brown rice and is a little healthier than others)
- In a large pot, combine the Marshmallows, Coconut Oil, and Earth Balance.
- Cook on medium-low and stir to mix and prevent sticking.
- Once marshmallows are fully melted, mix in cereal and evenly coat.
- Press mixture into your pan. I used an 8″ x 13″ pan, but you can use smaller or larger depending on how thick you want your treats.
- Once cool, you can cut into squares.
You can be creative and add things like vegan chocolate chips or chocolate candies (there are some knockoff M&M’s we found at Whole Foods that would be amazing in these).
I had some bananas sitting on the counter for a little too long, so I also made some our favorite oil-free, sugar-free banana bread muffins for the trip. They are from the blog called Eat, Drink & Be Vegan and are originally made as a bread. I make them exactly like Dreena does, except put them in muffin papers in my muffin pan. I bake them at 350 for 20 minutes. These would also be easy to make gluten free if needed.